Ages 8 weeks to 12 weeks
The primary and most important time for puppy socialization is the first 3 months of life. The Socialization Period is between 3 and 12 weeks of weeks of age (<16 weeks) therefore enrolling as close to 7 or 8 weeks of age allows for the greatest opportunity for your puppy to learn and develop into a behaviorally healthy adult dog.
- Learn solutions for chewing, jumping, mouthing, housetraining, and crate training.
- Learn sit, down, name, eye contact, and walking on a leash.
- Practice handling and restraint as it relates to health care such as: giving medications, trimming nails, grooming, etc.
- Off-Leash play with other dogs to practice appropriate social skills and bite inhibition.
- Each class has a different theme to desensitize puppies to new and novel stimuli. Themes include Costume, Health & Grooming, Sounds, Wheels and Obstacles.
- This course focuses on one of the most important times in a puppy’s life: the socialization period. This is only the beginning and as puppies graduate it is time to begin training for the next stage of their development by moving into the next course which is our Canine Companion Clicker Course. These two courses go hand in hand both in complementing each other but also in setting the foundation for life.
- This course is taught on a continuous rotation which allows new puppy parents to enroll every week
- 5 (five) classes, each with a specific theme
- Meets every Thursday 6:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
- Length: 5 weeks
- Tuition: $ 132
- Includes training manual, Puppy Start Right, treat apron, clicker, graduation diploma and goodie bag!
- Pre-registration is required. Ready to enroll? Click here for registration forms and enrollment process.